Friday, July 16, 2010

Garden looking good.

Sorry I don't have any pics yet.I just gotta do a wee bit of bragging. My tomatoes have started to bloom and some have set fruit.The ones that have are Black Krim,Black from Tula,Rose,Vorlon,Cowlicks Brandywine,Cherokee Purple and Mariana's Peace.Should be a great tomato year. The rest should bloom and set fruit soon.

Also it looks like the Great Pumpkin is smiling on my patch. Slowly but surely I am getting blooms and fruit set.The ones setting fruit are my Atlantic Giants,Kabocha and Howden FM. The rest are putting on lots of new growth and should bloom soon.

Cucumbers are doing very good with a combined two hill fruit set of thirteen that should be ready in about a week.And the vines are going crazy.

Sugar Baby Watermelon are also growing like crazy and looks like we have fruit set with three little melons so far.

Bell peppers and Jalapeno should be blooming soon. All these plants are looking good and putting on new growth.

Amish Cantaloupe: Got a late start with these but are putting on new growth and are looking good. Most likely will not have any til the end of August beginning of September.

When all is said and done I am proud of what I was able to plant this year.Considering having to dig by hand and my health.I have more variety with my tomatoes and pumpkins than I have ever had in forty years of gardening.I know my Mom and Dad and several of my late gardening relatives would be happy to see it too.

God Bless and good gardening to all.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment